Monday, December 17, 2007

A merry year soon to come!

Another year is about to tick over soon and a new year is waiting over the horizon. Whatever heart-breaking moments we had should be shed away with our tears and memorable moments cherished.

In spite of the coming year, many people will be wishing for better things to come by probably making a few resolutions for the year. Pessimists might think this is an impractical way as most of the resolutions made by people go unachieved and are often broken fairly short after they are set. Mainly this is due to the natural behavior of people who usually don't follow through the 'me oriented' resolutions or goals. As a matter of fact, in weeks or months people usually forgotten about their 'new improved' self that results in feeling of frustration.

Somehow i believe that a resolution itself will bring a person's determination to the test. I believe that a strong will power is the essential weapon to achieve one's goal. Hence, it will bring out the courage in me to fight for myself for a better good.

Being an optimist myself, there is no doubt why i shouldn't make a resolution myself for the coming year. For the past many years, i havent really made my own resolution. Many years of procrastinating and slumbering has helped me achieved not much in my life. Of cuz my life isn't really that interesting unless you think so hehe.

^.^ Some inspirational quotes ^.^

''There is no moment like the present. The man who will not execute his resolutions when they are fresh upon him can have no hope from them afterwards: they will be dissipated, lost, and perish in the hurry and scurry of the world, or sunk in the slough of indolence." - Maria Edgeworth, Capricorn

"For last year's words belong to last year's language.And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning."-T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

Well, i guess this coming year is time to reflect on my past deeds and plan for my future by writing a resolution myself and start working on it ^_^

Here are my resolutions...

1. Getting into shape through exercise
-Preferably 5kg down will do :P

2. Healthy dieting
-Say no to McD, KFC, A&W ,Pizza Hut, Burger King, more?

3. Enjoy my Uni life
-No more isolating myself. Time to spread my decent aura.

4. Test Grades
-Maintaining cgpa of 3.0 above. Thats the best i can do :'(

5. Conquer Mount Kinabalu
-Plan doesn't go well. Seems like many of my friends weren't interested.

6. Search for my special someone
-ngiek ngiek ngiek

7. Learn something new
-Something applicable perhaps. Aaww..too much to mention.

8. Involving in voluntary work
-Helping others help myself grow. Aint cool?

Hmm..I think i have more resolutions to bring in. Erm..Those are the fews that i can think of now. Expectations aren't high right??

Hopefully year 2008 will be an exceptional year for me as to see how the better future moulds a better personality and character of mine.

What are you waiting for??? Start listing your new year resolutions now!!

Nite folks and have a wonderful christmas with ya love ones. I'll be at christmas island..Weee!!

1 kissed me:

Penny Leong said...

have nth much to comment. C:
happy that you have know to think of your future. =P
can motivate yourself well adee. =P
not bad..keeeep it up.hao peng you.